Week 7: Neuroscience + Art
Image 1: Dr. Albert Hoffman's Discovery of LSD Art is perceived by the fascinating and intricate functions of the human brain. I found a greater connection between neuroscience and art, than I did with biotechnology in art. More specifically, I found this connection with neurochemistry. In Vesna's third lecture, she discussed the influence of hallucinogenic drugs such as Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD). LSD was first brought to life by Albert Hoffman in 1938. While in his lab, he "perceived an uninterrupted dream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors"(Hoffman). Image 2: Psychedelic Medicine As a psychology major, I found it very interesting to learn that LSD was once used to treat psychosis through psychedelic psychotherapy. I further researched Humphry Osmond's findings on LSD and it's affect on alcoholics and it was found that approximately 45% of the alco...
Comments
Post a Comment